Skip navigation

From the round-easel discussion I found that other people found discrepancies in their representations.

Teaching the string-theory to two new additions to our class clarified the technique for me.

a.

I lightened all the lines to allow room for a longer seat.  Before, the seat was cramped- – the legs had little space.  Through finding the midpoint of the height I found more a more realistic position for the legs.

b.

Nell observed that I overestimated the negative space on the seat of the chair and that I should use measurements of negative space as well as solid line.  The length of the legs continued to be a problem and I spent time erasing and redoing them.

Ellen, my easel neighbor, had a few suggestions for me:

-some of the legs do have a slight curve but straight lines are more precise (when proportions and angles are involved)- – I should hold off on the curve of the legs and focus on getting proportions matching.

-measure the width of chair legs.

-use plumb lines to find where curve acts.

c.

5:25-5:40  I added the top of the chair in order to just get the subject in my head.  I attempted to adjust the width of the legs in order to make room for the third leg- – which I did not add until February 1st.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: